Freelance Graphic Design | Nov. ’08 – present | Chicago, IL
- RedEye: On a consulting basis, I assist the Chicago Tribune’s RedEye publication with advance products and editions.
- Daytona Times: On a weekly basis, I design the weekly newspaper’s front page and also help with inside design on sister products.
- Colletti Gallery: Produced marketing materials, such as ads and signage. Also updated the current database-driven Web site and set the gallery up on an auction-based Web site to launch selling items online.
- Web Site Creation: Design, build and maintain Web sites for a variety of clients.
St. Petersburg Times (circulation 289,000) | Nov. ’04 – present | St. Petersburg, FL
- Features Page Designer: I was one of the Features design team leaders for the NewsFeatures department. I was involved in the weekly art directing, designing and content-planning of sections, including working with photographers and illustrators. I also helped launch Bay, an upscale magazine. I designed the Pulitzer Prize-winning “Girl in the Window” special section. I coordinated and mentored the summer design interns.
The News-Press (circulation 100,000) | July ’02 – Oct. ’04 | Fort Myers, FL
- Page Designer/Copy Editor/Writer: I worked primarily as designer for the Lifestyles’ department. I was involved in the weekly designing, content-planning, copy editing and proofing of sections.
Northwestern University | April ’09 – present | Chicago, IL
- Museum Studies Certificate: Currently enrolled in the Museum Studies Professional Development program at the School of Continuing Studies.
University of Florida | Aug. ’99 – Dec. ’01 | Gainesville, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism: Specialization in magazines.
- Art history minor
- Recipient of the Gary Peacock Journalism Scholarship award.
SKILLS & ACTIVITIES
- Volunteer at the Art Institute of Chicago: Greet and guide visitors through the museum.
- Judge for the 2009 AltWeekly Awards
- Mac and PC proficient. Expertise in Microsoft Office, Adobe’s Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator programs and knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience in copy editing, headline writing and AP style.
- Silver Medal in features design, for Pulitzer Prize-winning “Girl in the Window,” 2008 - Society for News Design
- Award of Excellence in features design portfolio 2007 - Society for News Design
- 10 Awards of Excellence in single page features design - Society for News Design
- Honorable Mention for excellence in photo use - National Press Photographers Association
- Six in-house page of the month awards at St. Petersburg Times
- Two third place awards in features design - Florida Society of Newspaper Editors
- Third place in feature design - South Florida Society of Professional Journalists
- Lifetime member of the Golden Key National Honor Society
- Available on request